Thursday, October 27, 2016

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics

I am apart of the Millennials group, people born between 1979 and 1994. We are the babies of the baby boomer generation, we've come a long way and we are a BIG generation. From the book, a quote, which says,
    "One thing that all of the Millennials have in common is their utter fluency and comfort with digital technology. They do not just embrace technology, it is a way of life.  “All generations are comfortable with technology, but this is the generation that’s been formed by technology,” says a Yahoo! executive. For them, “it is not something separate. It is just something they do.”
    I personally agree. I grew up not having the "latest technology", I had the outdoors. Yes, I did have TV, but my parents wanted me to go outside, play, and not just watch cartoons all day. But today's generation, a four year old knows how to operate an IPad, a four year old! A lot of kids don't like going outside anymore, all they want to do is stay inside, watch TV all day, or play on their iPads, iPods, computers, whatever. 
   I have to help my mom, or my grandma with certain technology, but even I don't know too much. I didn't get my smartphone until after i graduated high school, same with having my own laptop. I sometimes have to call up my older brothers to help me or even my ten year old niece knows more than I do.
   It's very mind blowing how far we have come with technology. Some good and some bad. It just depends on what you do with it and how it affects your choices.


No comments:

Post a Comment